We are a well established litigation practice in employment law as well as do advice on the non-contentious of employment law, too.
In respect of marine labour law side, we have a long-standing tradition of arrest of ships and recovery for unpaid wages/benefits, death and injury claims. We do also provide Professional services to non-Turkish citizens for obtaining work permits.
Tufekci Law Firms delivers multi-disciplinary support to maritime clients throughout Turkey. Long-standing relationships with leading global law firms in this sector allow us to provide clients with seamless support and global legal strategy on multi jurisdictional legall issues.
- Drafting/Revieving employment contarcts and giving necessary legal advice
- Litigation on employment law related claims
- Work Permit applications and advisory services for non-Turkish citizens
- Arresting vessel for seamen in relation to unpaid wage/benefit, injury & death claims
Our Experience in Employment-Advising in the United Kingdom and the United States and effecting a US$100 million recovery in respect of the permanent impact on a company’s share price as the result of a large team move.
- Advising companies and individuals on regulatory investigations in multiple jurisdictions in respect of market manipulation issues, including FX and LIBOR.
- Advising a financial services company in relation to defending a substantial team move and successfully securing one of the widest injunctions ever granted.
- Representing insurance brokers on injunction proceedings preventing misuse of confidential information and poaching of clients.
- Successfully representing a large broking house in litigation enforcing a seven figure liquidated damages clause on the no show of a rainmaking broker recruited from a competitor – the leading case on the enforcement of liquidated damages clauses in employment contracts.
- Advising a wealth management company on a successful injunction application preventing a former financial adviser from poaching clients for a competitor.
- Representing the former high profile chief executive officer of a luxury car manufacturer on a high value contract dispute.
- Successfully representing three brokers in a multi-million pound conspiracy, misuse of confidential information and restrictive covenant dispute